CITY OF DE PERE ALERT
COVID-19 Guidance for De Pere Businesses
The City of De Pere Health Department (DPHD) is committed to protecting the health and safety of De Pere’s workers, workplaces, and the public during these unprecedented times.
Due to current outbreak conditions in Brown County, it is essential that employers take measures to PREVENT the spread of COVID-19 in their workplace. DPHD recommends the following measures be implemented:
- Sick employees should be sent home immediately. Symptoms would include fever, chills, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, headache, body aches, loss of taste and/or smell.
- Wear a Mask: Employees should wear a face mask at all times while in the workplace. Employers can issue facemasks or can approve employees’ supplied cloth face coverings.
- Social Distance: Employees should maintain 6 feet and practice social distancing while working and during breaks.
- Pre-Screen: Employers should monitor employees and assess symptoms prior to starting work.
- Disinfect and Clean work spaces: Clean and disinfect all areas such as offices, bathrooms, common areas, and shared equipment.
- Implement Administrative Controls: Stagger breaks and/or work shifts to promote social distancing, provide visual cues as a reminder to workers to social distance.
- Modify work stations so that employees are at least 6 feet apart.
- Use physical barriers, such as strip curtains, or plexiglass to separate workers from each other.
- Place hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol in multiple locations to encourage hand hygiene.
Please follow the links below for additional information: –
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- WI Department of Health Services: COVID-19 Symptoms of Illness
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Manufacturing Industry Workforce
- Interim Guidance for Workers and Employers from CDC and OSHA (Note: this guidance is directed at meat and poultry processing facilities, however it contains measures that can be used in any manufacturing or processing facility).